Friday, December 23, 2005

Guilty pleasure: Shakira


I love Shakira. I had heard a few of her songs when she was just on the Spanish radio, but my best friend introduced me to her English-language music through "Laundry Service." Sure, her accent is heavy, and some of her songs are more pop than substance, but what really makes me adore her is her attitude. You have to respect someone who sings

"Lucky that my lips not only mumble/ They spill kisses like a fountain// Lucky that my breasts are small and humble/ So you don't confuse them with mountains// Lucky I have strong legs like my mother/ To run for cover when I need it"

I mean, really. She is all attitude. She's not traditionally beautiful, but she has this incredible presence. Which is why I adore Shakira.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, right as I was reading that Shakira started playing on my Yahoo! radio station. It was perfect timing : )

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I really like Shakira, too. This is starting to get scary. Just kidding. I haven't read that book you mentioned, but now that I know about it, I definitely will. Thanks for the info. Go fraudulent redheads!!!