Monday, January 16, 2012

36 weeks...

36 weeks until my sister's wedding, in which I will be maid of honor. I will have to wear a dress and stand in front of her fit, fabulous, funky friends. Right now, I am really not happy with how I look. I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS, for short), which causes hair loss, rampant midsection weight gain, and facial hair. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

Well, I've been dealing with it since I was 13 years old. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I'm not. I'm finally gathering my resources and seeing an endocrinologist. Most people wait until they're trying to get pregnant to see an endocrinologist, but I'd prefer not to wait that long--I'd like to feel better sooner, rather than later. I know that one thing that helps me most of all is reducing my carb intake, but when you're on the road 50% of your day, that can be really challenging. I followed the Metabolism Miracle religiously for a while, and know that I really just need to power through the first four days of no sugar and I'll be ok. But now that I know what to expect--the headaches, the anger, the OH MY GOSH, JUST GIVE ME A CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE ALREADY--it makes it harder to "sign up" for it.

But I hate the way I feel right now, and I weigh more than I ever have in my life. So it's time to get on the ball, and start doing things differently.

No comments: