Friday, May 21, 2021

Another update

 Since my last update:

  • I started teaching at the university level! I've been teaching bachelors and masters-level research, social justice policy,* and family therapy supervision.
  • * Teaching social justice policy has added to my reading list exponentially! Some of the better books I've read recently on the topic: So You Want to Talk About Race, Ijeoma Oluo; Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present, Harriet A. Washington; White Fragility, Robin DiAngelo
  • We are still living with my in-laws.
  • Oh, and a global pandemic.
  • I read 88 books in 2018; 32 in 2019; and 66 in 2020 (of the books I recorded on GoodReads).
  • I re-read a lot more books in 2020, probably because of the global panorama.
  • Started listening to a lot more audiobooks, which I've discovered I really enjoy!
Goals for 2021:

  • Apply for PhD programs (yes, really!)
  • Borrow books from the library and finish the books I've purchased, rather than buying new books! (As tempting as it is!)

No comments: